The following FAQ's are for the Bitstrips Facebook app. Mobile users can find a list of FAQ's in the Settings page of the app.
- What Is Bitstrips?
- How do I start using Bitstrips?
- Do you have a mobile friendly version of the app?
- Why does Bitstrips ask permission to use my photos?
- How do I edit my avatar after it's been saved?
- Can I edit a friend's avatar after it has been saved?
- Creating and Sharing a Status Comic
- Creating and Sharing a Friend Comic or Greeting Card
- What is the Comic Feed?
- What are Co-Stars?
- Can I feature more than two characters in a comic?
- Can I limit the privacy of the Bitstrip before sharing?
- Why can't I access the 21+ templates?
- What are Bitstrips Achievements?
- How do I claim a Bitstrips Achievement?
- I've completed an achievement but I can't claim it.
- I'm having trouble sharing my comic.
- Are there tutorials in the app?
- How do I delete my account?
- Follow Us
What is Bitstrips?
Bitstrips is a whole new way to communicate with your friends:
- Design cartoon versions of yourself & your friends
- Put your friends in hilarious comics where anything can happen
- Show how you’re feeling with cartoon status updates
- Choose from 1500+ customizable scenes, plus new ones daily
Join millions of people around the world using Bitstrips as a more fun and visual way to communicate with friends.Go to app.
How do I start using Bitstrips?
- Go to www.bitstrip.me in your web browser.
- Click the 'Go To App' button on the right side of your screen – you'll automatically be brought to the Avatar Wizard where you can design your new Bitstrips Avatar.
- Choose from hundreds of comic templates starring you and your friends, and instantly post them to your timeline!
You can also use Bitstrips on your Android, iOS or Kindle mobile device. Get the app:Android iOS Kindle
Do you have a mobile friendly version of the app?
Yes - Bitstrips is currently available on Android, iOS and Kindle mobile devices. Get the app:Android iOS Kindle
Why does Bitstrips ask permission to use my photos?
We ask for permission to use your photos so that we can create your Bitstrips photo album on Facebook, where you can save comics you share on Facebook.
Additionally, giving us photo permission lets us display photos of your friends that you can use for visual reference while you're designing them in the Avatar Wizard (desktop version only).
How do I edit my avatar after it's been saved?
You can edit your avatar any time by clicking the pencil icon located beside your profile pic on the Bitstrips Comic Feed
Can I edit a friend's avatar after it has been saved?
You can edit a friend's avatar as long as your friend hasn't yet started using it in the app. When you're adding a costar to your feed or comic, you can tell if your friend's avatar is still editable by looking for a blue background in his avatar pic, and a pencil icon that appears in the corner when you mouse over it.
Just click the pencil to start editing.
Creating and Sharing a Status Comic
Let your friends know how you're feeling or what you're up to with a Bitstrips Status Comic.
- Go to the app and click the 'Make a Status Comic' tab to browse through hundreds comic situations and moods.
- Click on the comic you want to share.
- Customize your comic by adjusting your avatar's pose, adding dialogue, and editing the caption.
- When you're finished editing, click the Share button to save and post your comic!
Creating and Sharing a Friend Comic or Greeting Card
Share hilarious comics starring you and your friends with a Bitstrips Friend Comic or Greeting Card.
- Go to the app and click the "Make a Friend Comic" or "Make a Greeting Card" tab.
- Choose the friend you want to star in the comic with you. If your friend doesn't have a Bitstrips avatar, you can design one for them.
- Browse through tons of comic situations until you find the one you're looking for.
- Click the comic you want to share.
- Customize your comic by adjusting your characters' poses, adding dialogue, and editing the caption. When you're finished editing, click the Share button to save and post your comic.
What is the Comic Feed?
The Comic Feed is your digest of daily new comics created by Bitstrips. You can Share and Customize a comic by clicking the buttons that appear below each comic.
What are Co-Stars?
Co-Stars are a collection of friends' avatars (up to 10) who appear alongside you in your daily comic feed.
You can add new friends by clicking the 'add a Co-Star' icon on the left of your comic feed, below your costar list. Remove Co-Stars by mousing over their profile picture and clicking "Remove Co-Star"
Can I feature more than two characters in a comic?
Currently you cannot feature more than two characters in a comic. However, this is a popular feature request and something we hope to implement in the future.
Can I limit the privacy of the Bitstrip before sharing?
When you click 'Share' after completing your comic, it will be published to your timeline and to your Bitstrips photo album. While you cannot limit the privacy of Bitstrip comics via the app, you can edit the photo and album privacy settings by following Facebook's instructions.
Why can't I access the 21+ comics?
Some of our comics feature adult situations. You must be 21+ and your Facebook profile information must indicate your year of birth in order to access these comics. Please note that comics rated 21+ are not available on mobile devices.
What are Bitstrips Achievements?
Achievements are special accessories that you can earn for your avatar using the desktop version of the app. They are awarded when you reach milestones, such as designing a certain number of your friends' avatars, or sharing a certain number of comics.
How do I claim a Bitstrips Achievement?
You can find your achievements by clicking the trophy icon located beside your avatar on the Bitstrips homepage. When you have been awarded an achievement, mouse over the icon and click 'Claim Achievement' – you'll then be brought to the Avatar Wizard where your avatar can put on its new accessory.
I've completed an achievement but I can't claim it.
If you have completed the requirements for an achievement, but are unable to claim it, you may need to clear your Internet browser's history. Log out from Facebook, clear your history, and try again.
I'm having trouble sharing my comic.
If you are unable to share your comic, you may be experiencing network or connection issues. Please try again from another computer, or ensure your computer is properly connected to your network. If the problem persists, you can contact us for support.
Are there tutorials in the app?
Yes! When you're making a comic, click the 'Help Tips' box on the Share Comic page to see all of your customization options – like adding dialogue, changing your emotion or pose, and more.
How do I delete my account?To delete your account please follow these instructions.
You will have to delete the app from your mobile device, as well as from your Facebook account. Please allow a minimum of 24 hours before attempting to reinstall.
Like our App Page to learn about contests, get updates on new comics and features, and interact with the Bitstrips community.
Twitter – @bitstrips
Install the app:Android iOS Kindle